Saturday, February 2, 2013

50,000 Words Day 29 (It was supposed to take 30 but I got it done in 29!)

Well, if you haven't been following this blog up until today, you don't know that I have been writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days using No Plot? No Problem! novel-writing kit by Chris Baty. For the last 28 days I have written every day.

Today on day 29 I wrote 2868 words. Over the last month I have gone through 8 yellow pads of paper and 9 blue V7 Precise Pens. Yes, I have been writing by hand. I think better that way and then I transfer it to the computer, However, I have a lot to transfer at this point. (Most of it.) Today is day 29, not day 30. My total word count is 51,609!!!!!! (Fire works are going off in the background, mostly those kind that start with little white pops and then scream into streams all over the place. They're my favorite.) My story is not done. It was to cover 4 generations up through WWII. I only got into the 3rd generation with tiny drips and drops of the 2nd generation. There is enough material to do at least another novel or two.
So, I am on to the editing process. Maybe the stuff that I didn't get into the novel will be added during this part of the process, who knows? I will say this. I am proud of myself for completing the process, whether I do anything with it other than edit it for my own enjoyment. I can now call myself a Novelist. By the way, when you see me at church tomorrow, I will be wearing my official Novelist button. Thank you all for your encouragement!

No comments:

Post a Comment