Saturday, January 19, 2013

50,000 Words Day 13

Today is day 13, and I am distracted by sadness for my friend, who is beyond any help from me other than my prayers. she has encouraged me in so many ways and my love for her will last my whole life. Part of her is in this attempt on my part to write this novel. Her encouragement to step outside and stretch myself by her example has made me realize that I am strong enough to do this. My numbers for today are 1667 bringing my total in 13 days to 21,860 words. As I have said before, I am writing a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. The program that I am using, called, No Plot? No Problem! novel-writing kit by Chris Baty. My motivvation card for today is called, A Lesson From The Deep:
Recent studies of marine mammals have revealed the perplexing fact that baby killer whales don't sleep at all during their first month on Earth. The explanation concocted by scientists is that the whales are at risk of freezing to death in the inhospitable waters until they acquire the blubber that insulates them. As you head through the ides of your novel month, take inspiration from these creatures and know that with each day of writing you're developing the kind of thickened skin and world-wise writing experience that will serve you well for the rest of your life. Even if it just feels sometimes like you're swimming in circles.

No comments:

Post a Comment