Monday, January 14, 2013

50,000 Words Day 8

Today has been difficult but got to 2000 words. The story is weaving through four generations and right now I am struggling with a section that is full of lots of dialogue and monologue. Writing, but i can tell that it will need to have major overhaul. So anyways, I need some encouragement. I have reached an astounding 14,873 words. I am amazed, however, the story that is in my head is not coming out the way I want it right now. So, remember, I am using the No Plot? No Problem! novel-writing kit by Chris Baty. I have to write 50,000 words within 30 calendar days. My motivation card is so appropriate. I have close to one hundred characters over four generations and I had to draw a quasi family tree just in order to keep track of names and relationships. The card is called The Plot Thickens: Ah, the start of the second week. Where things get more, um...interesting. If Week One was all about character creation, Week Two is about finding something to do with all the people milling around in your book. Yes, we're talking plot here, a word that sends a lot of writers needlessly running in fear. just keep prodding your characters and a plot will wet itself in motion this week. know, though, that the decisions of Week Two will make this the most exhausting of all four weeks. Also, know that the more you write, the more inspired you are going to feel. If you're feeling a little pokey now, it's because you're not writing enough. Push yourself to write every day, and make a point of adding something to your word count any time you're with striking distance of a keyboard.

No comments:

Post a Comment