Wednesday, January 30, 2013

50,000 Words Day 25, 26

I haven't posted since Monday. My instructions for week four were just to get to 50,000 words so I am writing. As of tonight, my total word count is now 42,603! I can see the finish line! If you haven't seen this blog before, it is about my journey to write a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. I am using No Plot? No Problem! novel writing-kit by Chris Baty.

Today I came close to completing a major knot in my storyline-just a small detail and that one will be done tomorrow. I have three story threads to complete. One of them may just have to wait until the next novel. It may be too big a piece to complete. I don't know. I'll let the characters decide for me. No working title yet, but it will reveal itself to me. Telling this story is like piecing together a quilt. The pattern gets picked out. I think that this one is a Crazy Quilt. Then you follow the pattern using fabrics of different colors. The colors are usually divided into light, medium and dark. The prints are usually divided into small, medium and large. Even a Crazy Quilt has a pattern of sorts. I am now finishing up my blocks and have started laying them out to find the best contrast and combinations of colors. The people are divided into different categories and different personalities. Then they are put into different situations ranging from joy to trauma. In a few days I'll let you know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment