Wednesday, January 23, 2013

50,000 Words Day 17

Today I spent time with my grandbabies, thanking God for their health, their laughter, their minds and imagination. I wrote after coming home and the characters again, told me their stories. My goal was 2000 words. I completed 2129 words. My total on day 17 of my 30 day journey to write a 50,000 word novel is at 30,361. This week, the number seem to jump exponentially rater than slowly like week two, exactly what Chris Baty, the creator of No Plot? No Problem! novel writing-kit. He said this week would flow with words and story lines would come together miraculously and that is exactly what is happening.
I have five storylines that need to be completed. Each of them small parts of the larger whole and necessary to the overall tale. All have been started, some even almost done. None of them follow the other. They are all at different points in the story. There is one however, that may take more words than I have left. That is okay. I just am surprised by it. When I started this project, I thought 50,000 words would be more than enough to complete my tale, whatever it ended up being. Whatever I end up with, I think will be pretty amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment