Thursday, January 31, 2013

50,000 Words Day 27

Today I had no problem with completing my word count and exceeding it. I wrote 2909 words today, giving me a grand total of 45,512 words! I have three days left and I know that I will finish the task. If you are reading this blog for the first time, I am writing 50,000 word novel in 30 days using the program, No Plot? No Problem! novel-writing kit by Chris Baty. Today is day 27.

It is actually very freeing to know that I have done this and not stopped part way through like a thousand other projects that I have started and not completed over the last many years. There are so many unfinished projects. They come in all categories. I have an entire drawer in my craft room, (which is an unfinished project in itself.), an entire drawer filled with uncompleted sewing, embroidery, crewel, and needlework projects. I have boxes of quilts that I haven't even started-pieces cut out, all ready to stitch, just not done. I have unfinished manuscripts. I have paint that has dried up because I never used it. Always waiting, waiting for the perfect time, the perfect mood, the perfect environment, the perfect... Well, this time I didn't wait for all things perfect. I just did it or at least I am doing it and will complete it on Sunday, if not before. I'd like to be able to finish it in 29 days but no pressure.

I finished the storyline with the murder mystery in it. It actually tied together a couple of storylines and ended up with three seperate murders. I know, it all sounds hokey, but I think it is going to be an entertaining book when I am done editing it. At least there is one thing that I can say about it, it will be finished!

No comments:

Post a Comment