Monday, January 14, 2013

50,000 Words Day 1

I am officially starting a new project today. It is something that I have been considering for a long time. I am starting a book. Yes, a book. What is it about? Well, it is starting out as something and very well may end up as something else. Right now it is a novel with no name, loosely based on my parents and their family past. Who knows? It may end up being a sci-fi. thriller by the time I am done.
[Unidentified woman seated outdoors on a rug with tea set and bo
The point is, I need cheerleaders. That is why I am writing this. I will be posting on my blog later today. No, it won't be my book, but little snippets. I am using a program called No Plot? No Problem! I must write 50,000 words is 30 days. That is 1667 words per day. The point is to be consistent and write. So, I will be asking for encouragement. Hey, it may turn out to be a stinker of a novel, but I will be able to state that I wrote one. By the way, thanks Gina Lawton for the kick in the pants.

2 comments:

  1. Well I have completed day 1. If you didn't see my earlier post, I have embarked on a project to write a novel in 30 days. I am using No Plot? No Problem! novel-writing kit by Chris Bety. The goal is to write 50,000 words in 30 days. That breaks down to 1667 words per day. I completed 2136 words today. I put up a blog but I haven't figured out how you will see it. The new blog is called A New Reality. I just posted a way to get to it. Hope it works for you. The story is a novel loosely based on my parents. help be a cheerleader and keep me uplifted. Thank you to everyone that post today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Green Lights, From Here to the Horizon
    by Chris Baty taken from No Plot? No Problem!

    The first day. A blank page. And a slight panic about starting the book off on the right foot. But you know what? There are no wrong feet. Take a tip from freewheeling graphic design guru Bruce Mau on the subject of beginnings:
    "Not knowing where to begin is a common form of paralysis. Begin anywhere."

    ReplyDelete