Thursday, January 10, 2013

50,000 Words Day 4

Today is day 4 of the 30 Day Challenge that I have set for myself to write a novel in 30 days. I am using the No Plot? No Problem! Writing Kit by Chris Baty. Today I had to go get some allergy testing done so, I didn't get as early a start to my writing as I wanted, although I did write while I was there. Finally, I have finished writing for the day. My count is 1714 words. My total for four days is now 7402 words. That feels good. I have a motivational card to read each day. This is todays card: Let Your Fingers Do The Naming:
Demographers have been noting the decreasing size of families in industrialized nations for decades. They pin it on everything from rising education rates among women to the decrease in family farming. But i know the real culprit: With a skyrocketing number of baby names to pick from, would[be parents avoid having children because the can't decide what to name the things. As you birth your cast of characters this week, you can reduce your naming stress by simply borrowing monikers from the Great Library of Character Names. It's published annually by your phone company: look for the large white book on your shelf next to the Yellow Pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment