Tuesday, January 15, 2013

50,000 Words Day 9

Okay, I got my words in and extra but I am putting the extra in my bank account to refill what I used yesterday. So officially, I wrote 1667 words but actually I wrote 2357. Today went smoother than the last few days. A few of my characters are really starting to flesh out and the story line is starting to gel. That makes me feel good. I spent the evening with some very creative friends, Christie Waldo, Amanda Whitsel, Phil Owen and Mark Dousseau. The creative exercise was very invigorating for me. I hope I didn't annoy too much, but I gotta say that it felt good throwing ideas back and forth for a while. My goal is to try to write 50,000 words in 30 days. Today is day 9 and my total word count is 14540 thus far. The goal by the end of the week is minimum 20,000 words which I don't see a problem achieving. The program is called No Plot? No Problem! novel-writing kit by Chris Baty. My motivation card for today is called No Frogs In This Pond:
Today, we take Zsa Zsa Gabor as our literary role model. Her enthusiasm for marriage was so great that she did it nine times. What do Zsa Zsa's many nuptials have to do with your novel? Today, as a number of possible plot directions start offering themselves to you, you may decide to wait coyly for The One to appear. Don't. In the world of the month long novel, there are no frogs, only princes (or princesses). Take inspiration from the Hungarian actress, and hitch yourself to any likely plot suitor. You'll have a great time with any of them, and you can always grab a different one on the next go-round.

No comments:

Post a Comment